Nguyen Tat Thang
LLB (Hanoi), LLM (University of Queensland, Australia).
Mobi: [+84] 985 661 168
Tel: [+84 24] 6251 0699
– Corporate and M&A
– Real estate and construction
– Foreign investment
– Banking and finance
– Dispute resolution
Nguyen Tat Thang is the managing partner of DTLAW, with many years of experience in areas such as financial, corporate and investment advice, foreign direct investment, M&A, representation for domestic and foreign enterprises in dispute resolution in Vietnam and Singapore. Mr. Thang is the former Manager of Division for Review and Systematization of Legal Documents at the Ministry of Justice. Before establishing DTLAW, Mr. Thang had 08 practicing years as Senior Lawyer of SMiC, AliatLegal Law Firm and Vingroup in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Thang is admitted to practice in Vietnam as a qualified lawyer of the Hanoi City Bar Association and a member of the Vietnam Bar Federation. Thang is also a member of Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA).
Thang holds a Bachelor of Law from Hanoi Law University and Master Decree in field of Commercial Law from University of Queensland, Australia.
– Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
– Hanoi City Bar AssociationVietnam Bar Federation
– Vietnam Bar Federation
– Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (INCHAM)
– Co-author of the book: Operations for review and systematization of legal normative documents, published in 2011 by the Ministry of Justice.
– Co-author of the book: Management operations for examination of legal normative documents, promulgated by Ministries and local competent Authorities, published in 2006 by the Ministry of Justice.
– Editor: Systematization of legal documents, promulgated by the Ministry of Justice, published in 2010 by the Ministry of Justice.
Major projects and clients
Thang has advised on a broad variety of major transactions, including:
– Advising ASICO in resolving a dispute with the General Department of Vietnam Road – Ministry of Transport for compensation of US$18million in relation with Transportation Project.
– Participating and conducting due diligence compliance for a foreign invested enterprise operating in the field of alcohol distribution in Vietnam.
– Participating in consultancy for a foreign invested enterprise in the field of telecommunications for legal compliance and settling disputes during the course of business in Vietnam.
– Advising and participating in the protection for DOOSAN group at Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (VIAC) in disputes with sub-contractors.
– Consulting and participating in dispute settlement for SUDICO with foreign sub-contractors related to design contracts at International Arbitration Center of Singapore (SIAC).
– Providing many legal advice and assistance for securities companies in settling disputes with clients.
– Advising and representing certain enterprises to settle disputes or complaint in the field of taxation, land use right.
– Working with a leading law firm in Singapore to advise a foreign invested enterprise in Vietnam for its business compliance with Vietnamese laws.
– Responsible for all legal matters relating to acquisition for Kusto group in Ho Chi Minh City.
– Advising many enterprises in registration of new business activities related to manufacturing and distribution and setting up new branch, representative offices in Hanoi City.
– Conducting legal due diligence for GCL Group – ranked No.1 on China’s New Energy Enterprises List to acquire a Wind Power Company in Vietnam.
– Advising a Vietnamese Enterprise in selling its hotel project to foreign investors.