Mai Huu Duc
LLB (Hanoi), LLM (Bristol Law School, University of the West of England, UK).
Mobi: [+84] 90 2396586
Tel: [+84 24] 625 10699
– Corporate and M&A
– Real estate and construction
– Foreign investment
– Banking and finance
– Dispute resolution
Mai Huu Duc is a senior associate of DTLAW and has over 12 years of experience with a strong background in litigation and international commercial dispute resolution, corporate, foreign investment, banking, financial leasing, real-estate, project development (residential and commercial). Prior to joining DTLAW, Mr. Duc practiced as a senior in-house legal consultant for a number of leading international companies (Pacific Group, Bitexco Group) and as a senior lawyer for SMiC and Invest Consult Law Firm.
Duc is admitted to practice in Vietnam as a qualified lawyer of the Hanoi City Bar Association and a member of the Vietnam Bar Federation.
Duc holds a Bachelor of Law from Hanoi Law University and Master Decree in field of International Trade and Economic Law from Bristol Law School, University of the West of England, UK.
Hanoi City Bar Association
Vietnam Bar Federation
Vietnam Lawyers Association
Major projects and clients
Duc has advised on a broad variety of major transactions, including:
– Responsible for overall legal and contract management to support a company in the fields of EPC, real estate, construction and energy.
– Legally participating in preparation, review, check, evaluation, negotiation, interpretation for all documents, documentations, standard forms, proposals, draft, agreement, contracts, procedures, registrations, certificates, regulations.
– Undertaking the disputes from inception through completion; participating in settlement of business disputes and related activities in business operations and finance leasing as an authorized lawyer to represent and protect the legitimate rights and interests of clients.
– Acting as a lawyer in the disputes at the VIAC (arbitration) relating to construction, commerce and bidding.
– Providing legal advices for certain clients in the transactions of real estate and use of land and zoning; environmental, municipal, and educational law issues.
– Providing legal advices for major commercial transactions, securities, and corporate governance issues.
– Making contracts and following its implementation process; maintaining with partners in contractual and commercial relations.
– Advising a company in the legal matters related to finance – investment, private placement of shares, tendering project of roads and real estate projects, hydroelectricity.
– Be responsible for the settlement of disputes relating to the areas of taxation, real estate, construction, investment project, etc.
– Reviewing and drafting regulations and rules of a company as well as contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with laws.
– Providing legal advices in setting up foreign businesses or organizations under the laws on corporate and investment including but not limited to the issues of taxation, land leasing, organizing activities, concerned license and post-licensing, etc.
– Providing legal advices in doing business, corporate management, organization and operation of enterprises, labor, tax issues.
– Developing, handling legal issues related to projects, investment and development projects and contracts.
– Participating in research, development consultancy and surveys of foreign projects (ODA, FDI).